Please read all the below tips and tricks; the tips might be long, but trust us every one is important. If your tan is compromised for not following the below instructions we will not be able to return to repair the damage.
Prepare For Your Airbrush Spray Tan
- Prior to your spray tan please review the tips on this page along with our Polices and FAQ pages. If you have any questions prior to your Airbrush Tan please email or call us.
- Prepare Your Skin For Your Spray Tan
- Wax 2 days before tanning or shave the night before; wax residue will block the absorption of our spray tanning solution.
- Take a shower and exfoliate properly using a body brush or quality scrub. Removing any dead cells and body oils will help the sunless tanner penetrate your skin and give you a beautiful spray tan.
- Do not use deodorants (it will turn green!), makeup, perfume or moisturizers prior to receiving your spray tan. Lotions can act as a barrier & prevent the solution from contacting your skin.
On The Day Of Your Appointment
- Please be on time and have all of your tanning prep completed prior to your appointment time. Remember, if we have to wait for you to take a shower it will make us late for our next appointment and we always want to be on time for all of our appointments.
- Please do not drink alcohol prior to your appointment. If you cannot stand up straight while we are tanning you it will effect the outcome of your tan. We need you alert and ready to follow instruction. Also if you are intoxicated you many not be as aware of the things you should avoid immediately after you tan.
- If multiple ladies will be tanning at the same appointment please ensure all guests are present and ready to tan at the scheduled appointment time.
- Please do not cancel on the day of the appointment. Our appointments are booked on a first come first served basis, so if you have to cancel please do so in advance so we can fill your appointment time with another interested client. We will never cancel on you, so please don't cancel on us.
- Please do not try to reschedule or push your appointment time back on the day of your appointment, if you need to change your appointment time please reach out to us the day before your appointment.
Immediately After Your Spray Tan
- Wipe off your hands and feet with a baby wipe to get rid of the excess solution
- Do not sweat at all
- Do not cross your legs, this may cause you to sweat and will smudge your tan
- Wear loose fitting dark colored clothing, it is okay to get dressed right after your tan. The first layer is just a bronzer so any smudged (not caused by water or sweat) will blend out with your first shower
- Do not wash your hands for at least 4 hours
- Do not swim, immerse yourself in water, get wet, or wash dishes
- Be cautious when you use the restroom, remember urine is wet so if you get it on yourself if will compramise your tan
- Do not put on tight clothing for at least 4 hours
- Do not apply moisturizer
- Do not let your pets lick you
- Do not touch yourself until after you have taken your first shower to avoid getting the solution on your hands and having dark hands
- Do not exercise (1st day). Perspiring immediately after tanning alters the chemical reaction of the solution changing its color
Maintain & Prolong Your Airbrush Tan
- Wait at least 8 hours before showering. We recommend waiting until the next day if you tan in the evening. You may see color washing off the first time you shower, this is normal
- Apply moisturizer after the shower and every day after your tanning session. This will help prolong your spray tan. Do not take long hot baths or showers
- Avoid swimming as chlorine from a pool or jacuzzi can cause your tan to fade faster, and the warm water from a jacuzzi will fade your tan as well
If you have a tanning emergency please see our Tanning Emergency Tips page for assistance
Call 909.803.2134 to make your appointment
Spray Tanning in San Dimas